Only a few days after the box-office premiere and already, a slew of Hunger Games celebrity makeovers has been revealed. It's not hard to understand the inspiration behind these Photoshop mashups. People tend to find it funny when celebrities are put into contexts where they seem out of place. This after all, is the appeal of many Saturday Night Live sketches -- Christopher Walken isn't actually obsessed with cowbells.
From John Hamm to Snooki, the Hunger Games celebrity makeovers cover a variety of pop culture icons. A particularly inventive one depicts a Hunger Games character as a zombie -- a tribute to the 'Walking Dead' AMC series, presumably.
This Hunger Games celebrity makeovers series is just another instance of Internet culture's tendency to consume, digest and reproduce culture in fresh and often funny ways.
These Hunger Games Celebrity Makeovers are Hilariously Epic
1. Celebrity Mashup Trend - Celebrities being placed in different contexts creates humorous appeal. A newly found trend is a Hunger Games celebrity makeover.
2. Pop Culture Parody Trend - Internet culture tends to create fresh and often funny parodies of popular culture.
3. Photoshop Mashup Trend - Merging different iconic images using Photoshop to create surrealistic imagery has become a viral trend.
1. Advertising Industry - Companies could use this trend of placing celebrities in different contexts into advertisements or marketing campaigns.
2. Entertainment Industry - A new wave of movies or TV show concepts that puts celebrities in unexpected roles is a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Social Media Industry - Social media companies could create tools or features to allow users to create mashup content easily.