This 8ft tower of teeth is foul, and the summit of 15 years work by Yu Qian, a Chinese dentist who is trying to raise awareness about dental hygiene by word of mouth. Or, as it turns out, an awesome viral film gone global.
His piece of art is made from 28,000 human teeth (URGH). So far he has treated 100,000 patients, and ‘harvested’ 28,000 diseased teeth from his patients.
The tower includes five different types of diseased teeth and has been made using various unspecified adhesive materials.
Dentist's 28,000 Diseased Teeth Sculpture
1. Dental Hygiene Awareness - The trend of using shock factor art installations to raise dental hygiene awareness and encourage regular check-ups.
2. Alternative Art Materials - The trend of using unconventional and repurposed materials in art installations for sustainable and eco-friendly practices.
3. Viral Art Installations - The trend of creating thought-provoking and shareable art installations to gain widespread attention and global impact through social media.
1. Dentistry - The dentistry industry can leverage innovative tools and technologies to make dental hygiene education more interactive and engaging.
2. Art and Design - The art and design industry can explore more sustainable and unconventional materials to create thought-provoking installations that raise awareness about social and environmental issues.
3. Social Media and Marketing - The social media and marketing industry can capitalize on the trend of viral and shareable art installations to promote awareness for various brands and causes.