Hiding behind a persona on the Internet and luring people in with it has become a problem of epic proportions; however, French child advocacy group Innocence en Danger are trying to counter the dangers of internet predators with their creepy human emoji ad campaign.
Turning the predators into freaky human emoticon images to promote child safety on the internet, the advocacy group made the emojis as horrifying as possible. Using these internet chat icons to appeal to both parents and children, the headlines reads “Who’s really talking with your child on the Internet?”
The unnerving and very clever campaign from ad agency Rosapark is inspired by the famous New Yorker cartoon that truthfully depicts that on the Internet, nobody knows you’re a perv. The next time you start chatting to someone random, remember this creepy winking face.
Innocence en Danger Uses Unnerving Human Emojis for Ad Campaign
1. Online Safety Awareness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new technologies or campaigns that raise awareness about online safety and protect users, especially children, from internet predators.
2. Creative Advertising Techniques - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore unconventional ways of promoting social causes and engaging target audiences through emotive and impactful ad campaigns.
3. Emoticon-based Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize emoticons and other visual symbols to communicate important messages and capture attention in marketing campaigns.
1. Child Advocacy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement advanced technologies or platforms that enhance child protection measures and minimize risks associated with online activities.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative advertising strategies that successfully communicate important social messages and create a lasting impact.
3. Internet Safety - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create advanced tools, applications, and educational resources that empower individuals, families, and organizations to navigate the internet safely and securely.