The sweet, hot buns by Yum Cha are a take on the popular Asian dessert that encourages consumers to play with the food prior to eating. The buns are decorated with edible faces that are meant to be poked and squished to allow the custard to ooze out as if from the edible character's mouth. The combination of eating and play creates a fun and interactive experience for diners.
The buns are dyed in bright colors and feature edible eyes that turn the pastry into an animated character. Eaters are encouraged to use their hands enjoy and play with the food, squishing the bun so that the custard flows out and creates a mouth for the edible character. The buns are available in two prominent flavors including salted egg yolk and green tea matcha.
The Custard Desserts from Yum Cha Are Meant to be Played With Prior to Eating
1. Interactive Food Experience - The combination of eating and play creates a fun and interactive experience for diners.
2. Edible Character Decorations - The buns are decorated with edible faces that are meant to be poked and squished, turning the pastry into an animated character.
3. Unique Flavors - Yum Cha offers buns with unique flavors such as salted egg yolk and green tea matcha.
1. Restaurant and Food Service - Restaurants can incorporate interactive food experiences to enhance customer engagement and create memorable dining experiences.
2. Food Decoration and Design - There is a growing demand for unique and visually appealing edible decorations to enhance the aesthetic appeal of food products.
3. Bakery and Pastry - Bakeries can explore creating innovative flavor combinations to cater to consumers' desire for exciting taste experiences.