Sierra Nevada has established themselves as a reputable brewer and its latest Hop Bullet IPA definitely lives up to the brand's expectations.This new Sierra Nevada brew takes a modern twist on the IPA with a unique brewing technique that involves adding a double blast of Magnum hops and lupulin dust to the beer. The lupulin dust used in the beer contains vital resins and oils to create a distinct flavor, and also functions to balance out the bitterness of the brew.
Sierra Nevada's Hop Bullet IPA focuses heavily on the hops used in the beer and combines six different varieties to achieve a unique flavor. The brew carries a yellow appearance and produces a small and light head. The noise brings a mix of citrus, tropical fruit, mango, tangerine and a slight musk of melon. The flavor follows up with much of the aroma, but combines the tropical mix with a soft pine finish. At just 8% ABV, Hop Bullet is an incredibly approachable beer, and is another distinct victory for Sierra Nevada.
Image Credit: Sierra Nevada
Hop Bullet IPA Uses Innovative Brewing Techniques to Create Stellar Flavor
1. Double Blasted Ipas - Opportunity to experiment with unique brewing techniques to create innovative flavors in IPAs.
2. Hop Revolution - Trend of using different hop varieties and combinations to achieve distinct flavors in craft beers.
3. Balancing Bitterness - Exploration of innovative methods to balance the bitterness of IPAs using resins and oils from lupulin dust.
1. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can leverage double blasting techniques and hop combinations to create unique and flavorful IPAs.
2. Brewing Equipment - Opportunity for brewing equipment manufacturers to develop specialized tools and processes for double blasting hops and utilizing lupulin dust.
3. Flavor Additives - Companies in the flavor additives industry can explore producing and supplying lupulin dust as an ingredient to enhance and balance flavors in beers.