The international nature of the Olympics can leave a lot of athletes homesick, but Heineken brought a sense of home to all the Dutch athletes in its Holland Heineken House. The pop-up space was the 14th edition of the Olympic tradition and ensured that both fans and athletes would get to experience home country pride during the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. The space was of course open to all and was more than happy to give all visitors an experience filled with Heineken, great music, orange lights and apparel.
To prepare for the Holland Heineken House, Heineken brought in fresh batches of its signature brew, Dutch bartenders and a Dutch bar snack favorite known as "bitterballen." The space functioned as a viewing location, but after all the events it was transformed into a celebratory dance club filled with fans and athletes. DJs and musicians from Holland were brought in for the event and provided amazing entertainment that had many foreign athletes celebrating the spirit of Holland.
Image Credit: Cool Hunting, Korean Times: Kim Hyun-bin, Heineken International
The Holland Heineken House Celebrated Dutch Athletes in Pyeongchang
1. National Pride Pop-up Spaces - Creating temporary spaces that celebrate the culture and national pride of athletes can attract fans and participants from all over the world.
2. Cultural Hospitality - Providing authentic cultural experiences, such as Dutch bartenders and snacks, can enhance the enjoyment of visitors and participants in events and venues.
3. International Djs and Musicians - Bringing internationally renowned DJs and musicians can enhance the entertainment and cultural experience for visitors and athletes alike.
1. Hospitality - Hospitality companies can take advantage of creating authentic cultural experiences for their customers, especially during large events.
2. Event Planning - Event planning companies can incorporate pop-up spaces that celebrate culture and national pride to attract more attendees.
3. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can provide authentic and traditional snacks and drinks to enhance the cultural experience for visitors and participants in events and venues.