Hip-Hop Word Count is a digital project that will have you finding new connections amongst your favorite rap songs. The database tracks hip hop songs from 1979 to present, enabling users to come up with queries that can be answered about these tunes. Ever wonder who the first hip-hop artist to use the word champagne in a song was? Who used the line hater first? Or which county uses a certain word more often than others? The Hip-hop word count database will answer all your questions.
The Hip-Hop Word Count launched as a Kickstarter project and received its specified funding amount, so this idea is going to come to fruition. The visual platform should be an invaluable tool for research into understanding the sub-culture of hip hop songs.
Hip-Hop Word Count is a Visual Tool for Understanding the Culture
1. Visual Data Analysis - Using Hip-Hop Word Count's database to analyze hip hop song lyrics can reveal new connections and insights in the culture.
2. Rap Analytics - The use of data analytics in the hip hop industry can provide valuable insights for artists, producers, and marketers.
3. Crowdfunding Platforms - The successful crowdfunding campaign for Hip-Hop Word Count demonstrates the potential for funding creative projects through platforms like Kickstarter.
1. Music Industry - The music industry can leverage Hip-Hop Word Count's database to identify trends, patterns, and emerging artists in the hip hop genre.
2. Data Analytics - The data analytics industry can utilize platforms like Hip-Hop Word Count to develop new tools and methodologies for analyzing cultural data.
3. Crowdfunding - The success of the Hip-Hop Word Count project highlights the potential for crowdfunding platforms to support innovative projects in the arts and culture sector.