Minimalist and modern as any product designed by Japanese studio Nendo, the Heel Chair was inspired by a shoe. Nevertheless, this connection is made obvious only by its name. Otherwise, the manner in which the back legs extend outwards from the backrest could easily be chocked up to a simple quirk that sets the Heel Chair apart from similar designs.
Created for Moroso, the Heel Chair has the subtle silhouette of a spike heel. Perfect for both contemporary and traditional homes, the Heel Chair will blend into existing decor easily while also making its own statement, if quietly. Its lightweight look is completed with a hollowed backrest.
Overall, the Heel Chair appears infinitely more comfortable than a pair of heeled shoes, which should be the case when it comes to furniture.
The Heel Chair by Nendo Has a Subtly Stylish Silhouette
1. Minimalist Furniture - The Heel Chair's minimalist design offers opportunities for developing stylish and unique furniture pieces with similarly subtle silhouettes.
2. Innovative Product Design - The Heel Chair's incorporation of shoe-inspired design demonstrates the potential to create new, inspired product designs that draw inspiration from unlikely sources.
3. Sustainable Materials - Creating furniture like the Heel Chair with lightweight, hollowed materials presents an opportunity for industries to focus on eco-friendly, sustainable production methods.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The Heel Chair presents new possibilities for manufacturing stylish and comfortable furniture with unique, shoe-inspired designs.
2. Interior Design - Incorporating furniture pieces like the Heel Chair in interior design can create a distinctive style and seamlessly blend with existing decor in both contemporary and traditional home settings.
3. Fashion Accessories - The Heel Chair's incorporation of shoe-inspired design opens up opportunities for creating fashion accessories with innovative and unexpected elements.