To celebrate love this Valentine's Day, Boston Pizza is pulling at your heartstrings with its '40th Anniversary Heart-Shaped Pizza Surprise' commercial. Featuring couple Sarah and Nick -- located thousands of miles apart -- we see the pair sharing the brand's iconic heart-shaped pizza over a video call, only to have Nick excuse himself and secretly make his way to Sarah. The video ends by capturing Nick surprising Sarah and the two rejoicing in seeing one another.
Peter Blackwell, SVP Marketing and Communications at Boston Pizza, notes: "Boston Pizza has been bringing Canadians together to share heart-shaped pizzas for 40 years and we thought it was important to find a fresh way to celebrate the fact that so many people have shared a heart-shaped Boston Pizza together since we started making them all the way back in 1980. We hope Nick and Sarah’s story will inspire Canadians from coast-to-coast to share a heart-shaped Boston Pizza this Valentine’s Day.”
Boston Pizza's Heart-Shaped Pizza Surprise is Heartwarming
1. Long-distance Celebrations - Opportunities for brands to create heartwarming ads that showcase long-distance relationships and the power of connection.
2. Surprise Marketing - Brands can capitalize on the element of surprise to create emotional connections with their audience.
3. Virtual Celebrations - As remote communication becomes more prevalent, brands can leverage virtual platforms to create shared experiences and celebrate special occasions.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage establishments can promote special menu items and experiences that resonate with consumers' emotional connections.
2. Telecommunications - Telecommunication companies can highlight the role their products and services play in facilitating long-distance relationships and celebrations.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Ad agencies can develop creative campaigns that capitalize on surprise, emotion, and the power of long-distance connections to create impactful brand experiences.