Two pop cultural phenomenons have emerged in recent times: Pokémon Go and the release of a new Harry Potter manuscript -- which fans have combined the ideas of to petition for a Harry Potter game that uses the same augmented reality format as Pokémon Go.
As DesignTAXI reports, the desire for the Harry Potter game arose around the same time as talk of a play titled 'Harry Potter And The Cursed Child' circulated, prompting fans of the wizardly series to rejoice in learning more of J.K. Rowling's imaginative realm.
Currently, the creators of Pokémon Go at Niantic Labs do not have plans to release a Harry Potter version of the augmented reality game -- however that hasn't stopped illustrator Trevor Downs from imagining 'Harry Potter Go.' By creating a series of images that show the iconic characters implemented into the medium of Pokémon Go, Trevor Downs allows fans to get a better perspective of what the game might look like.
Fans are Petitioning for a Harry Potter Game That's Similar to Pokémon Go
1. Augmented Reality Adventure Games - A trend of creating immersive adventure games that utilize augmented reality technology as seen with popular titles such as Pokemon Go and the potential Harry Potter Go game.
2. Nostalgic Gaming - A trend of bringing back games from the past with a modern twist as seen with the demand for a Harry Potter version of Pokemon Go.
3. Iconic Character Integration - A trend of integrating well-known characters from popular franchises into new mediums as seen with illustrator Trevor Downs' depiction of Harry Potter characters in the Pokemon Go universe.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry has the opportunity to develop new augmented reality adventure games that utilize popular franchises to satisfy fans' desire for nostalgia and immersive experiences.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore the potential of incorporating augmented reality into the promotion of new releases for popular franchises, as seen with the demand for a Harry Potter version of Pokemon Go.
3. Marketing - Marketers can utilize the trend of iconic character integration to promote products and services by partnering with well-known franchises and incorporating their characters into advertising campaigns or product designs.