LittleBits Hack-O-Lantern is a fun Halloween pumpkin kit that is illuminated by sound. LittleBits makes a variety of modular electronic toys, so it's no surprise that it released this holiday DIY for kids. The sound-activated jack-o-lantern is made with three "Bits" from LittleBits, including a bright LED light, a power source and a sound trigger, so that the pumpkin is able to light up when you clap.
In order for best results, LittleBits suggests using a medium sized pumpkin, and you can trace any design you'd like onto the pumpkin. Alternatively, LittleBits also has a template that you can download as a PDF to make things even easier. As well as being a great Halloween project, it's also a safe and fun learning experience when it comes to electronics and circuitry.
This DIY Halloween Pumpkin Kit Lights Up with Sound
1. DIY Electronics Kits - LittleBits Hack-O-Lantern is an example of a DIY electronics kit with potential for further disruption.
2. Sound-activated Products - The sound-activated feature of the LittleBits Hack-O-Lantern could be applied to other consumer products.
3. Educational Halloween Toys - The LittleBits Hack-O-Lantern is an example of a toy that combines education and holiday fun.
1. Toy Industry - The LittleBits Hack-O-Lantern is an example of a toy that uses electronics and could offer disruption opportunities.
2. Educational Technology - LittleBits Hack-O-Lantern could be a product in the intersection of educational technology and holiday fun.
3. Home Decor Industry - Sound-activated decor items could be a trend in the home decor industry with an emphasis on user interaction.