Williams-Sonoma offers a Halloween candy apple that has a secret ingredient: Black Poison. If you enjoy the danger of living on the edge, this is the Halloween treat for you.
Okay, so it's not really poison. Actually, the delectable Granny Smith apples are double-dipped in caramel followed by molten-black chocolate, giving them a decidedly venomous appearance that looks pretty hard to resist -- I now understand Snow White's dilemma.
The high-end kitchen and houseware retailer knows how to do Halloween with style. If you're hosting a soiree this October 31st, offer your guests these glamorous -- yet sinister -- treats. If you prefer a little DIY, you can recreate the look at home pretty easily.
These Halloween Candy Apples Are Fatally Delicious
1. Poison-themed Treats - The popularity of poison-themed treats opens up opportunities for chefs to experiment with ingredient combinations that produce results that 'look pretty hard to resist'.
2. Halloween-inspired Party Treats - The trend towards sophisticated yet playful Halloween-inspired party treats, such as these extravagantly designed candy apples, has created a niche market in high-end kitchens and houseware retailers.
3. DIY Candy-making - The demand for homemade versions of extravagant candy treats such as these black poison candy apples has created opportunities for retailers to develop DIY kits for consumers to create show-stopping treats at home.
1. Food and Hospitality Industry - Restaurants, hotels and event planners can capitalize on the growing trend of sophistication in Halloween party planning, offering custom-designed 'poison-inspired' treats as part of a Halloween-themed menu.
2. Home and Kitchen Ware Industry - High-end kitchen and houseware retailers can take cue from Williams-Sonoma and invest in developing an exclusive range of Halloween-inspired baking and candy making kits.
3. Retail Industry - The demand for DIY candy-making kits rose in 2020 during COVID home confinement, opening up opportunities for candy manufacturers to supply these kits to department stores and online marketplaces.