It's through pieces like the Félix Guyon Hanging Chair that one is reminded of the relationship between engineering and design of all scales. Here we have a suspended seat, but it seems to harken to the beauty of utilitarian forms like that of the suspension bridge.
Les Atelier Guyon developed this highly contemporary furnishing with inspiration from a bygone era. The clean lines and abstract geometries found in the composition might remind you of the Art Deco period. A polygonal steel frame extrudes to one side to produce an effective perch, and this is spanned with a soft leather sling. The Hanging Chair is filled in with repeated wires that crisscross to produce a rhythmic aesthetic quality and offer additional support to the relaxed sitter.
The Hanging Chair Brings Visual Harmony in a Contemporary Space
1. Suspended Seating - Developing suspended seating for modern interiors with an emphasis on beauty and utilitarian forms
2. Geo-abstract Furniture - Designing furniture with a focus on abstract geometry and clean lines inspired by the Art Deco period
3. Crisscrossing Wire Aesthetics - Incorporating repeated wires in furniture designs to produce rhythmic aesthetic qualities and enhance comfort
1. Furniture Design - Creating modern and innovative furniture pieces for contemporary interiors with a focus on suspended seating and abstract geometries
2. Interior Design - Incorporating furniture designs that combine comfort, beauty, and utilitarian forms in modern interiors
3. Metalworking and Wireworking - Exploring crisscrossing wire aesthetics to create furniture pieces with enhanced aesthetic qualities and increased functionality