Gucci Mx is a new project that's said to "deconstruct preconceived binaries and question how these concepts relate to our bodies," and it offers a completely non-binary, genderless selection of clothing pieces. Going beyond limiting male and female labels, the Mx section on Gucci's website is designed to be updated regularly when new fashion collections launch.
Naturally, the Gucci Pre-Fall and Fall/Winter 2020 campaign features non-binary models who sport a variety of styles and accessories, including shoes and the brand's very first genderless handbag, the Jackie 1961 bag. Currently, the Mx project introduces leopard jacquard coats, cotton wool mohair pants, cropped and brightly colored alpaca sweaters, bomber jackets and more. When it comes to ordering a style, shoppers will find that they can choose sizes from extra-small to large.
Image Credit: Angelo Pennetta, Gucci
Gucci Mx Deconstructs Binaries and Explores Genderless Expression
1. Gender-fluid Fashion - The rise of gender-fluid fashion presents an opportunity for designers and retailers to create inclusive and non-binary clothing lines.
2. Deconstructing Binaries - Challenging traditional conceptions of gender opens up possibilities for innovative and boundary-breaking fashion designs.
3. Regular Fashion Updates - Offering regular updates to fashion collections allows brands to stay current and adapt to changing trends in genderless fashion expression.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can tap into the growing demand for gender-fluid clothing by offering a diverse range of inclusive and non-binary fashion options.
2. Fashion Design - Fashion designers have the opportunity to push boundaries and create groundbreaking designs that challenge traditional gender norms.
3. Online Fashion Platforms - Online fashion platforms can capitalize on the gender-fluid fashion trend by showcasing and promoting a wide range of genderless clothing options.