Keflavik International Airport's recent renovation includes a unique seating unit by design studio Green Furniture Concept. The studio's 'Nova C' seating unit is wave-shaped, offering a visual focal point in public spaces, without sacrificing comfort and convenience in the process.
The spiraling seating solution is organic and visually bold in its shape, connecting travelers while maximizing the small space of a heavily populated waiting area. Featuring 240 Nova C seats, Keflavik International Airport's waiting area is located in the heart of a food court, making it ideal for those looking to rest and have a quick bite in between flights.
The bench system is also equipped with built-in, mini tables that are perfect for travelers seeking to catch up on work while in transit.
Green Furniture Concept's 'Nova C' Series is Whimsically Shaped
1. Wave-shaped Seating - The wave-like seating design trend offers a visually striking and space-efficient solution for public areas.
2. Organic Seating Solutions - Designing seating units inspired by organic shapes creates unique and visually bold focal points in public spaces.
3. Multi-functional Bench Systems - Bench systems with built-in tables present innovative opportunities for travelers to work or dine comfortably in waiting areas.
1. Airport and Travel Sector - Incorporating wave-shaped seating units and multi-functional bench systems can enhance the overall experience for travelers in airports and other travel-related spaces.
2. Furniture Design and Manufacturing - Designing organic and visually bold seating solutions presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the furniture industry, catering to customers seeking unique and artistic furniture pieces.
3. Food Service and Hospitality - Integrating wave-shaped seating units in food courts and waiting areas offers an attractive and comfortable seating option for guests, enhancing the dining experience.