'ShoeBloxx' is eco-friendly green footwear that was designed to be built and reused by consumers. Based out of Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, ShoeBloxx developer Nurali Rahman recognized that because of his active life, his footwear would continually wear out. Out of his frustrations and wanting to tackle the carbon footprint issue, he devised this new product that has detachable parts and can be put together in different ways to create shoes -- the concept is similar to building blocks.
Should a part of the footwear become worn out, for example the soles, it can easily be replaced without having to throw out a set of shoes. It also works well for those who travel often. Instead of taking multiple shoes, consumers can buy different uppers and/or soles to create a new look whenever they want. Not only is this system space-saving, it's also easier on the wallet. ShoeBloxx provides eco-friendly green footwear to consumers that is functional, enjoyable and easy to create.
'ShoeBloxx' Allows Consumers to Build and Design Green Footwear
1. Eco-friendly Footwear - Developing customizable shoes that are environmentally friendly and can be reused by consumers presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry.
2. Modular Shoe Design - Creating shoes with detachable parts that can be easily replaced allows for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing and retail sectors of the footwear industry.
3. Personalized Fashion - Offering consumers the ability to customize and change the look of their shoes through interchangeable uppers and soles opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion and accessories industry.
1. Footwear Manufacturing - The development of eco-friendly, customizable shoes with detachable parts provides disruptive innovation prospects in the footwear manufacturing industry.
2. Retail - Implementing a modular shoe design that allows for easy part replacement offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the retail industry, enabling more sustainable and customizable consumer products.
3. Fashion Accessories - The concept of personalized fashion through interchangeable uppers and soles in footwear opens up disruptive innovation possibilities in the fashion accessories industry.