The Green Arrow Solution is a portable toilet designed for use in the Third World. The toilet is meant to improve the health of those living in the world’s slums by giving them a place to do their business away from human habitation.
The Green Arrow Solution was designed by Cesar Viramontes and gets its unique name from an old Indian custom of throwing an arrow away from a village to find a proper spot to go to the bathroom. The Green Arrow Solution is a small drum that comes with a biodegradable lining that keeps the toilet tank clean. This lining ensures that cleaning of the actual drum is kept to a minimal, which is good as a lot of slums don’t have clean water readily available in large quantities. Viramontes' design would be an inexpensive way to improve the health and the quality of life in the Third World.
The Green Arrow Solution Improves the Health of the Third World
1. Portable Sanitation - The trend of portable sanitation solutions presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in improving the health and sanitation of underserved areas.
2. Biodegradable Lining - The trend of utilizing biodegradable materials in sanitation systems opens up opportunities for eco-friendly and sustainable solutions in waste management.
3. Smart Sanitation - The trend of incorporating smart technologies in sanitation systems creates opportunities for data-driven solutions and real-time monitoring of sanitation conditions.
1. Sanitation Solutions - The sanitation industry can explore the disruptive innovation of compact and portable toilet systems to address the sanitation needs of slums and underserved areas.
2. Sustainable Materials - The use of biodegradable materials in sanitation systems presents an opportunity for the development of eco-friendly and sustainable waste management industries.
3. Internet of Things (iot) - The integration of smart technologies in sanitation systems opens up opportunities for IoT providers to offer data-driven solutions and improve sanitation infrastructure.