Urban artists Kaws created spectacular graffiti murals with which to showcase haute designs for the editorial ‘Graffi-Couture’ in Vogue Paris. Brazilian bombshell Raquel Zimmermann poses in front of the intricate, colorful murals that highlight sculptural, mostly monotone, high fashion outfits.
The editorial ‘Graffi-Couture’ in Vogue Paris was photographed by Mario Sorrenti for the November 2009 issue. Fashion director Emmanuelle Alt styled the shoot which has Zimmerman channeling an old school Hollywood pin-up dressed in modern haute couture pieces from Givenchy, Atelier Versace, Dior, and Valentino.
Graffi-Couture in Vogue Paris Combines Urban Art With High Fashion
1. Graffiti Fashion Fusion - Bringing together urban art and high fashion to create unique and expressive designs.
2. Monotone Sculptural Style - Using mostly monotone colors and sculptural elements to showcase high fashion outfits.
3. Artistic Editorial Shoots - Using artistic and visually stunning photography to showcase fashion designs.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Opportunity for designers to collaborate with urban artists to create innovative fashion collections.
2. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to explore new and creative ways to capture and present fashion designs.
3. Fine Art - Opportunity for artists to collaborate with fashion brands to showcase their work in editorial shoots.