Vizzy Hard Seltzer recently joined forces with beloved '90s singer Vitamin C to update one of her classic hits, Graduation 2020 (Worst Year Ever). The song touches on crucial moments of the year–mainly the ongoing global pandemic–with relatable experiences of "times we couldn't haven together."
“Every December, we anticipate the year-in-review videos that flood our social feeds,” said Elizabeth Hitch, marketing director for Vizzy Hard Seltzer. “This year was unlike any other and with many of us ready to put it past us, we knew we had to create a 2020 send-off to remember. As the first hard seltzer with Vitamin C, it only made sense to pair-up with Vitamin C, the artist with the most iconic farewell anthem ever.”
Gradution 2020 (Worst Year Ever) can be streamed on both YouTube and Spotify.
Vizzy and Vitamin C Rereleased the Iconic Graduation Song
1. Branded Collaborative Music - Brands collaborating with musicians to create sentimental songs that shift their audience's perception of them by tapping into social values.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Brands leveraging nostalgia through music to create a meaningful experience for their audiences, which can positively influence their purchasing decision.
3. Brand Differentiation Through Creative Storytelling - Brands can differentiate themselves through creative storytelling by developing shared meaning with their audiences and eliciting emotional response through music.
1. Alcoholic Beverages - Alcoholic beverage brands can create powerful emotional experiences with their audiences through meaningful collaborations, providing a competitive advantage in a crowded space.
2. Music & Entertainment - The music and entertainment industry can provide opportunities for brands to create and tap into popular culture by leveraging the emotional connection of music and nostalgia marketing.
3. Marketing & Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can leverage the power of music and storytelling to create branded content that elicits emotional response and builds brand affinity.