Elias Rizo Arquitectos designed the 'GR House,' a contemporary concrete residence located in Zapopan, Mexico.
To enter the home, guests first walk through a long passageway, which opens into a spacious internal courtyard. The grey color scheme is mitigated with the warmth of wood furnishings. The home features large windows and sliding doors which, in addition to providing an influx of natural light, can also be opened up to blend the interior and exterior spaces. The outdoor extension is further enhanced by recessed balconies in the bedrooms; the master suite is particularly luxurious, featuring white marble.
A pool and entertainment complex is included at the rear of the house, pulled together by a staircase which is made to follow the sloping topolography of the site.
The GR House Offers Luxurious Comforts
1. Concrete Dwellings - Opportunity for innovative construction methods using concrete in architectural design.
2. Blurring Interior and Exterior Spaces - Potential for integrating indoor and outdoor living experiences through the use of large windows and sliding doors.
3. Luxurious Outdoor Extensions - Potential for creating upscale and comfortable outdoor areas like pools and entertainment complexes.
1. Architecture - Opportunity for architects to explore new design possibilities using concrete materials and innovative construction techniques.
2. Real Estate Development - Potential for creating high-end residential properties with seamless indoor-outdoor living experiences and luxurious outdoor amenities.
3. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to create harmonious spaces that blend the beauty of concrete with warm and inviting furnishings.