The GQ UK August 2014 cover shoot most likely visualizes a fantasy many Generation X and millennial males have had since the 90s. Having starred in the television show 'Flipper' for three years and moving on to other watery adventures including 'Into the Blue,' envisioning American actress Jessica Alba as a lifeguard is not so far-fetched.
Shot by photographer Greg Lotus, the GQ UK August 2014 cover shoot is as glamorous as it is hot. Clad in full swimsuits that are complemented with red lips and slicked back hair, the looks have a vintage appeal to them. In the accompanying article, Alba says, “I have to enhance what I like about my body and my stomach is good. My legs I’m not as excited about all the time, but I wouldn’t cover up my stomach. That’s what women do. Enhance what we’ve got.”
The GQ UK August 2014 Cover Shoot Stars Actress Jessica Alba
1. Glamorous Lifeguard Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop stylish and retro-inspired lifeguard uniforms that combine fashion with functionality.
2. Body Positivity in Swimwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create inclusive swimwear that celebrates and enhances different body types, promoting body positivity.
3. Celebrity-inspired Swimwear Trends - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design swimwear collections inspired by the styles and preferences of popular celebrities like Jessica Alba.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative materials, designs, and marketing strategies to revolutionize the fashion industry's swimwear segment.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement virtual try-on technologies and personalized online shopping experiences for swimwear retailers.
3. Body Fitness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop fitness programs and equipment specifically tailored to help individuals achieve their desired beach body goals.