The new Batman Arkham series spinoff ‘Gotham Knights’ is slated for an October release on Xbox Series X/S, Windows PC, and PlayStation 5. It is important to note this list does not include the last-generation Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, which may disappoint longtime Batman video game fanatics.
In a press release, Warner Bros. states that ‘Gotham Knight’ omits last-gen consoles in order to “provide players with the best possible gameplay experience.” Previously, Warner Bros. confirmed that the game would release on current and past-generation consoles, but the shift is expected due to a new market that prioritizes newer consoles.
In ‘Gotham Knights,’ players control Batgirl, Red Robin, Red Hood, and Nightwing, instead of Batman himself. The co-op open-world focuses on the Court of Owls, marking the first time the characters appear in the Batman games.
‘Gotham Knights’ will launch on October 25.
Image Credit: WB Games Montreal, Warner Bros. Games
Warner Bros. Will Release 'Gotham Knights' on Limited Platforms
1. Limited Platform Releases - As more companies prioritize newer consoles, releasing games on limited platforms can provide a higher quality gaming experience for specific audiences.
2. Shift to Cooperative Play - The shift towards cooperative play in popular gaming franchises offers new opportunities for engaging experiences and broader audiences.
3. Spinoff Gaming Series - Developing spinoff games based on popular franchises can attract and retain a loyal fanbase while expanding the reach of the brand.
1. Video Game Industry - Video game companies can leverage the latest console technology to create immersive gaming experiences that are only available on newer platforms.
2. Entertainment Industry - The production of spinoff games that extend popular franchises can increase brand recognition and drive interest in associated merchandise and media.
3. Technology Industry - As consoles continue to advance, companies can innovate and create new, cutting-edge technologies that enhance gaming experiences and push the boundaries of what is possible.