'Gosling vs. Franco' Tumblr is a blog dedicated to comparing similar photographs of two of Hollywood's freshest and finest leading men, and forcing you to make a decision on who you prefer in the picture.
One of the ironies of the 'Gosling vs. Franco' Tumblr is that the two men represent a new archetype of A-List leading man in Hollywood. Both have established their acting credibility by taking carefully selecting their roles, mixing major studio pictures with gritty, critically-acclaimed independent features, and earning Oscar nominations (Ryan Gosling for his role in Half-Nelson, James Franco for his role in 127 Hours).
As opposed to stars of a previous generation who were mainly focused on doing movies they thought could earn them big bank or raise their profile, Gosling and Franco represent the 2011 "alternative" leading men. Others made in this mold include Jesse Eisenberg, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Tom Hardy.
Click through the gallery of the highlights I selected from the 'Gosling vs. Franco' Tumblr and choose which of the two men you prefer in each photo. Or don't choose, and appreciate these men for changing the template for the modern A-List actor.
The Gosling vs Franco Tumblr Pits Hollywood's Best Against One Another
1. New Hollywood Leading Men - The emergence of a new archetype of A-List actors in Hollywood that focuses on taking carefully selected roles in both major studio pictures and gritty, critically-acclaimed independent features.
2. Alternative Leading Men - Actors that are breaking the mold by taking unconventional roles in both studio and independent films that focus on quality over profit.
3. Social Media Celebrity Comparisons - A trend emerging among social media users to compare and contrast two celebrities that are alike in some way.
1. Film and Television - Production companies could see a rise in demand for films starring new Hollywood leading men that focus on quality over profit.
2. Social Media - Marketing agencies could capitalize on the trend of social media users comparing and contrasting two celebrities by partnering with them to launch campaigns that encourage user engagement.
3. Celebrity Gossip - Celebrity gossip websites and magazines could use social media platforms to generate buzz and traffic by starting their own celebrity comparison campaigns.