Proving that girls are interested in more than princesses and barbies, the GoldiBlox construction toy gives them an introduction to mechanical engineering. Through an adventure book and play-along construction set, the heroine Goldie teaches girls about problem-solving and the basics of construction.
Creator Debbie Sterling designed this toy as an alternative to the usual dolls and dresses that girls are traditionally encouraged to play with. Girls from ages five to nine are attracted to this set due to its beautifully illustrated book that accompanies the bright pink and purple set. This toy allows the girls to work out problems and build what Goldie builds as they read.
The GoldiBlox construction toy gets girls interested in engineering and science.
The GoldieBlox Construction Toy Introduces Girls to Mechanics
1. Girls in Engineering - Opportunity to create more toys and educational materials that introduce girls to engineering and science.
2. Gender-inclusive Toys - Opportunity to design toys that appeal to both boys and girls, breaking down gender stereotypes.
3. Interactive Learning - Opportunity to develop more interactive and educational toys that engage children in problem-solving and critical thinking.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to expand their product lines with more gender-inclusive and educational toys.
2. Education - Opportunity for educators and curriculum developers to explore new ways to teach concepts like engineering and science.
3. Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to create more adventure books that encourage problem-solving and introduce STEM concepts.