Rare, the company most known for its N64-era hit titles such as 'GoldenEye 007' and 'Banjo-Kazooie,' announced that it is remastering GoldenEye 007 for modern consoles. The hit late 90s shooter based on Pierce Brosnan's portrayal of James Bond in the movie by the same name, will be available on the Nintendo Switch and Xbox consoles. However, through Xbox, the game will be a Game Pass exclusive.
In addition to being a classic game that is revered for laying groundwork in the FPS genre, GoldenEye 007 was popular for its local split-screen PvP mode. As such, Rare confirmed that the remastered version of the video game will feature online multiplayer functionality, allowing gamers to once again enjoy James Bond PvP action.
Image Credit: Rare, Nintendo
Rare Announced 'GoldenEye 007' is Coming to Modern Consoles
1. FPS Game Remasters - There is an opportunity for game development companies to remaster popular old FPS games for modern consoles and include online multiplayer functionality.
2. Local Split-screen Pvp Mode - Game developers could create new FPS games with local split-screen PvP modes, catering to the nostalgia of gamers who grew up playing classic games like GoldenEye 007.
3. Exclusive Game Pass Titles - Game developers can partner with console companies to create exclusive Game Pass games, providing more value for console owners and increasing visibility for the developer's brand.
1. Game Development - Game development companies have an opportunity to capitalize on remastered and exclusive games by partnering with console companies and offering a nostalgic gaming experience.
2. Entertainment - This trend in game remasters and exclusives could have an impact on entertainment industries, with companies exploring the possibility of reviving classic movies or shows as remasters or exclusives.
3. Console Industry - Console companies can benefit from partnering with game developers to create exclusive Game Pass games, attracting more customers and retaining existing ones with a value-packed subscription service.