Goeie Katoen, an unconventional menswear label, recently unveiled its Fall/Winter 2018 collection, with a lookbook that communicates some of the inspiration behind the different garments, and the amount of labor that goes into crafting them.
By displaying the designs on informative papers that include an array of notes, consumers have a greater appreciation for each look after understanding the hours of thought and work that went into their creation. In order to maintain a uniform look for the images, and to give the models a more mannequin-like appearance, Goeie Katoen covers their faces with fabric.
As Fucking Young! reports, the collection takes "inspiration from Magritte’s iconic paintings," and is photographed by Alexander English inside of a workshop.
Image Credit: Alexander English / Fucking Young!
The Fall/Winter Goeie Katoen Line Was Shown on Informative Papers
1. Deconstructed Menswear - Unconventional menswear labels using informative papers and creative photography to showcase their collections.
2. Labor-intensive Fashion - Clothing brands highlighting the craftsmanship and work behind each garment through innovative lookbook designs.
3. Art-inspired Collections - Fashion brands drawing inspiration from iconic paintings and artists for their seasonal collections.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can utilize informative materials and creative photography in their lookbooks to showcase their designs and highlight the craftsmanship behind each piece.
2. Art - The art industry can collaborate with fashion brands to offer inspiration from iconic artists that can translate into wearable collections.
3. Publishing - The publishing industry can work with fashion brands to present their collections in new and innovative ways, such as in the use of informative papers or other unique materials.