Trader Joe's is serving up a dose of nostalgia with its new Glazed Sour Cream Donuts and Glazed Chocolate Donuts.
In the past few years, creative donut flavors have seen a spike in popularity. However, Trader Joe's thinks that some flavors never go out of style, which is why the grocery chain is sticking to two classic flavors. The new Trader Joe's Glazed Sour Cream Donuts and Glazed Chocolate Donuts are dense and cakey old-fashioned style donuts. According to Trader Joe's, "the Chocolate Donuts are shaped like classic star-crullers & are chock-full of cocoa powder," while "the Sour Cream Donuts are ring-shaped & are made all the fluffier by the inclusion of—you guessed it—sour cream in the batter." The result is donut shop-quality pastries that don't require a trip to the grocery store.
Image Credit: Trader Joe's.
Trader Joe’s Glazed Sour Cream Donuts are Old-Fashioned Style
1. Classic Donut Flavors - Opportunity for bakeries and food retailers to revise classic donut recipes and drive sales through nostalgia branding.
2. Cakey Donuts - Opportunity for innovation in gluten-free and vegan versions of dense cakey donuts to cater to the health and dietary needs of consumers.
3. Star-shaped Donuts - Opportunity for bakeries and food retailers to create unique donut shapes and drive sales through social media and eye-catching packaging.
1. Food Retail - Traditional bakeries and grocery stores can improve their bakery selection with classic donut flavors to appeal to nostalgic consumers.
2. Gluten-free and Vegan Foods - Opportunity for food companies and specialty stores to create gluten-free and vegan versions of dense cakey donuts to cater to the health and dietary needs of consumers.
3. Packaged Food - Opportunity for food companies to create unique donut shapes, inspire social media sharing, and drive sales through eye-catching packaging designs.