The way individuals find work is changing -- gone are the traditional, 30-year careers at the one company and welcome the gig economy that thrives off flexible schedules and opportunities.
One American supercenter chain taking advantage of this work model is Meijer. The brand recently announced a strategic partnership with the labor-on-demand platform and app Hyer to find "gig" workers to fill temporary roles at its retailers and Serv-U-Success operation, with employment including warehousing, distribution, and in-store product management. According to the senior vice president of Meijer, this transition will not only simplify store-level resource management but also save time and increase efficiency.
"Hyer is the first integrated, scalable ecosystem for labor on-demand in the gig economy," said Dave Dempsey, CEO of Hyer. "While there are several labor on-demand apps in today's marketplace, Hyer's robust app enables Meijer to manage multiple tasks in a single mobile application."
Image Credit: Hyer
Supercenter Meijer Shifts to "Gig Workers" for In-Store Roles
1. Gig Economy - The rise of the gig economy presents opportunities for businesses to tap into a flexible workforce and streamline resource management.
2. Labor-on-demand - The labor-on-demand model offers companies the ability to quickly fill temporary roles and increase operational efficiency.
3. Integrated Workforce Apps - The development of robust, integrated apps for managing on-demand labor provides businesses with a seamless platform for task management.
1. Retail - Retailers can leverage gig workers for in-store roles, warehousing, distribution, and product management to optimize resource allocation and increase agility.
2. Logistics - The logistics industry can benefit from the labor-on-demand model to quickly scale their workforce during peak seasons or to handle sudden surges in demand.
3. Technology - In the technology industry, the development of integrated workforce apps opens up opportunities for creating innovative platforms that optimize labor management for various business sectors.