The Ghost Chair is an ethereal, other worldly looking chair not because of it's shape, but because it seems to have two shapes. DRIFT, an ultra cool design studio, is making a series of chairs using the three dimensions captured within the design of the chair. It provides for the existence of a chair that isn't quite there.
Implications - Modern interior design favors minimalism, but many consumers are searching for timeless furniture pieces that double as art. This transparent chair uses tricky textures to create a surreal illusion of a second chair, an aesthetically pleasing feature that gives this chair a leg up in the crowded furniture market.
DRIFT Ghost Chair
1. Surreal Illusion - The use of tricky textures to create a surreal illusion in furniture design opens up opportunities for creating unique and visually striking pieces.
2. Timeless Art - The growing demand for furniture pieces that double as art presents an opportunity to create timeless and visually appealing designs.
3. Transparent Design - The use of transparency in furniture design offers a way to create a visually light and modern aesthetic.
1. Interior Design - Incorporating surreal illusions and artistic elements into furniture design can attract customers looking to elevate their interior spaces.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - Creating furniture pieces that combine functionality with artistic appeal can give manufacturers a competitive edge in the crowded market.
3. Luxury Retail - The demand for visually striking and unique furniture pieces presents opportunities for luxury retailers to cater to consumers looking for statement pieces in their homes.