Further to General Motors' bold initiative to be the first major U.S automaker to produce electric car batteries, GM announced that the automaker will be spending $246 million to produce in house electric motors.
General Motors has been on the forefront of green auto-tech for a while, and this announcement only further cements General Motors as a viable business model, both economically and environmentally.
Implications - With our society rapidly progressing in the environmental age, this is a strong way for General Motors to propel themselves to the forefront of contemporary design. "By designing and manufacturing electric motors in-house, we can more efficiently use energy from batteries as they evolve," a General Motors spokesman said. "Potentially reducing cost and weight -- two significant challenges facing batteries today."
Check out other General Motors innovations below, now.
General Motors Announces in House Electric Motor Production
1. In-house Electric Motor Production - General Motors' in-house electric motor production initiative is a disruptive innovation opportunity that could potentially reduce costs and weight of electric car batteries.
2. Green Auto-tech Advancements - General Motors' investment in in-house electric motor production is a trend that demonstrates the automaker's commitment to environmentally sustainable auto-tech advancements.
3. Sustainable Automotive Manufacturing - General Motors is setting a trend in sustainable automotive manufacturing by investing in in-house electric motor production, which could lead to reduced carbon emissions and environmental impact.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry has an opportunity to advance green auto-tech initiatives by following in General Motors' footsteps and investing in in-house electric motor production.
2. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry can collaborate with automakers such as General Motors to create sustainable transportation solutions through in-house electric motor production and battery advancements.
3. Manufacturing - Manufacturing industries can embrace sustainable practices by investing in renewable energy and green auto-tech initiatives, such as in-house electric motor production, and could lead to decreased costs and environmental impact.