The conceptual 'Gemic' watch is a high-end timepiece that conveys an existential aesthetic to the wearer on a daily basis to keep them intrigued and delighted each time they glance at their wrist. Designed by Xundi Li, the timepiece features a face with two overlapping layers that will artistically covey the time to the wearer using strategically placed notches. The organically shaped layers will change the look of the watch face every minute to put a focus on the passing of time and how things change in the framework of our lives.
The conceptual 'Gemic' watch was described by the designer who said, "Time is not just a number but also a story of the life," which speaks to how they have given time a shape with this timepiece.
The 'Gemic' Watch Changes its Look Throughout the Day
1. Changing Watch Faces - The design of watch faces that change over time to create a dynamic and visually unique experience for the wearer.
2. Existential Aesthetics - An emerging trend where designers are creating products that deliver deeper meanings or insights into our existence or human condition.
3. Artistic Time-telling - Incorporating artistic elements into watches and other time-telling products to appeal to the visually sophisticated tastes of consumers.
1. Luxury Watches - The luxury watch industry can incorporate the changing watch faces trend to create high-end timepieces that offer a unique selling point compared to competitors.
2. Fashion Accessories - Fashion accessory designers can incorporate the concept of existential aesthetics to create products that appeal to modern, design-minded consumers who desire deeper meaning in their purchases.
3. Artistic Products - Brands that focus on artistic products can incorporate the trend of artistic time-telling to create functional art pieces that attract consumers seeking unique items that combine form and function.