Sure we've heard of geeky celebrities like Josh Hartnett (major Star Wars fan), but Mariah Carey? She's a nerd? According to her latest video for Touch My Body, you bet. Not only do the lyrics include geeky jargon, references to YouTube and video features of Guitar Hero and laser tag.
Flouncing around like a little bimbo, Mariah skanks it up in a completley unbuttoned white shirt which reveals a lacy black bra. She and her boobs bounce over to the desk where an uber-keener, ultra-nerdy techie is trying to fix her computer.
After he tinkers with her PC, she seductively says, "The download speed was killing me; please tell me you updated to 802.11n."
I can't handle it! So cliche, hot girl hitting on geeky guy to get the help she needs. Oh well, geeky guys the world over will surely appreciate this one. Plus, Mariah's agent is smart to target weboholics; they are taking over all forms of media, so celebrities may as well start appealing to them.
Mariah Carey Loves 802.11n
1. Geeky Celebrities - Opportunity for celebrities to embrace their geek side and appeal to tech-savvy audiences.
2. Incorporating Geek Culture - Opportunity for brands to incorporate geeky jargon and references in their marketing campaigns to resonate with consumers.
3. Targeting Tech-savvy Audiences - Opportunity for brands to target the growing demographic of tech-savvy consumers through their marketing efforts.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment industry to create content that appeals to both geek and mainstream audiences.
2. Technology - Opportunity for technology industry to develop products that embrace geek culture and cater to the needs of tech-savvy consumers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing and advertising industry to develop campaigns that incorporate geeky jargon and references to engage with consumers.