Garden-wear that is worthy of recognition as part of the contemporary streetwear movement is becoming more prominent, especially with this 11-piece collection that was designed by Maria Korkeila — a graduate of the Aalto University, for Fiskars, which is a tool manufacturer with Finnish heritage.
The ultra-slick garden-wear clothing range combines the principles of aesthetics and functionality. The silhouettes are meant to be genderless and to service a multitude of functions. In addition, the garden-wear capsule relies on a vibrant and bold color palette that injects attitude and draws attention. The design interplay in the clothing is also meant to supplement the appearance of some of Fiskars' gardening tools. In fact, when designing the garden-ware collection, Korkeila focused on translating Friskars' "polished, streamlined and highly functional" demeanor into the clothing.
Image Credit: Dezeen
Fiskars is Debuting Its First-ever 11-Piece Clothing Line
1. Fashion-forward Garden-wear - Garden-wear that is designed for both aesthetics and functionality is becoming more prominent with contemporary streetwear influences.
2. Genderless Silhouettes - Gender-neutral clothing is gaining popularity in fashion and garden-wear alike.
3. Bold Color Palettes - Vibrant and bold color palettes are being used to inject attitude and make a statement in garden-wear design.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore garden-wear collections that combine style and functionality for urban gardeners and outdoor enthusiasts.
2. Gardening - Gardening companies can consider expanding into fashion with garden-wear collections that complement their existing product lines.
3. Tools and Hardware - Tool and hardware manufacturers can explore apparel and accessories as a new revenue stream and promote brand recognition with unique and stylish designs.