With the majority of consumers migrating to smartphones nowadays, it was only a matter of time before gaming apps started to flood the market. And considering the overwhelming success of games like Angry Birds, Words With Friends and Bejeweled, it looks like they are here to stay, and rightfully so since there is such a high demand for them. Trend Hunter's Gaming App Trend Report provides insight into the most popular games and innovative apps, giving you a chance to understand why people are so fascinated with them.
A long subway ride no longer requires you to grab the free newspaper in order to pass time before work. In fact, you can read that same newspaper on your digital device. However, consumers seem to be more preoccupied with playing games on their smartphones and tablets rather than catching up on current events. Featuring over 1,000 examples of gaming app research, combined with 132 PRO Trends, our data is essential for professionals seeking a greater understanding into the relationships between consumers, games and their handheld devices.
Understand the Relationship Between Consumers, Games and Smartphones
1. Multiplayer Gaming Trends - Disruptive innovation opportunities to create multiplayer gaming apps that leverage social networks and facilitate a sense of community among users.
2. Augmented Reality Gaming Trends - Disruptive innovation opportunities to create gaming apps that utilize augmented reality to enhance user experience and immersion in gameplay.
3. Gamification Trends - Disruptive innovation opportunities to create gaming apps that apply game design principles to non-gaming contexts such as education, fitness, and finance.
1. Mobile Gaming Industry - The mobile gaming industry can leverage trends in multiplayer gaming, augmented reality, and gamification to attract and retain users, grow revenue, and promote user engagement.
2. Smartphone Industry - The smartphone industry can work with game developers to enhance smartphone capabilities and features that could optimize mobile gaming experience and support the development of new gaming apps.
3. Social Networking Industry - The social networking industry can work with game developers to integrate social networking features into gaming apps creating social connections among users and promote user engagement.