Designer Shigeki Fujishiro teamed up with French fashion brand Hermès to create a game-like window display. The window display is currently featured at the Hermès location in Tokyo's Ginza district and has already drawn praise from Japanese shoppers. The whimsical design is entitled 'Game' and was meant to tie in with the 'Play Play Playful Life' campaign launched by Hermès.
The display features charming designs that are reminiscent of pinball machines and other motion games. Built with wooden elements and moving balls, the display is meant to capture a playroom-like atmosphere, while still proudly displaying all of the Hermès products.
This is not the first playful window design the company has commissioned for its Japanese location, and Hermès has now become quite well-known for its innovative displays. The game-like window display will remain at the Ginza location until mid-March 2018.
Image Credit: Satoshi Asakawa
Hermès Commisioned a Game-Like Window Display for Its Tokyo Location
1. Interactive Window Displays - The game-like window display by Hermès showcases the growing trend of interactive and playful window displays in the retail industry, creating opportunities for brands to engage with customers in unique ways.
2. Whimsical Retail Experiences - The 'Play Play Playful Life' campaign launched by Hermès reflects a trend towards creating whimsical and immersive retail experiences that delight customers and foster brand loyalty.
3. Innovative Retail Campaigns - Hermès' ongoing commitment to commissioning innovative and creative window displays demonstrates the trend of brands using unique campaigns to showcase their products and create buzz in the retail industry.
1. Retail - The trend of interactive and whimsical window displays presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for retailers to attract and engage customers in new and exciting ways.
2. Fashion - Hermès' game-like window display highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry, where brands can use unconventional campaigns to stand out and create a memorable brand experience.
3. Visual Merchandising - The success of Hermès' playful window displays emphasizes the need for innovative and captivating visual merchandising techniques, presenting an opportunity for the visual merchandising industry to evolve and create unique brand experiences.