Virtual reality fashion service STYLY and fashion label 'chloma' recently teamed up for an event in Tokyo, Japan, to introduce the world to the future of shopping.
The mixed-reality shopping event presents a line of clothing for sale, but in an environment where physical and digital items co-exist and have the potential to interact with one another in real-time. For the event, Takuto Sato created a physical space with his signature combination of neon signage and plants, while an immersive virtual space was designed by illustrator Tokiya Sakba and media artist God Scorpion.
As well as offering an imaginative way for shoppers to interact with garments and accessories, this space-saving style of display also allows for the creation of product displays that would otherwise be impossible to create with the limitations of real-world physics.
chloma x STYLY are Introducing the Future of Shopping
1. Mixed-reality Shopping - The opportunity to create immersive shopping experiences that combine physical and digital elements.
2. Virtual Fashion Shows - The opportunity to showcase fashion lines through virtual experiences that can be accessed by audiences around the world.
3. Interactive Product Displays - The opportunity to create product displays that use technology to enhance the customer experience.
1. Retail - The opportunity for retailers to create unique and engaging shopping experiences that differentiate their brand from competitors.
2. Fashion - The opportunity for fashion brands to showcase their products in innovative ways that align with their brand values.
3. Technology - The opportunity for technology companies to develop new tools and platforms that enable mixed-reality shopping experiences.