Foundry Distilling Co. and Surly Brewing Co. have partnered to launch a new collaborative spirit dubbed the ‘Axe Man American Malt Whiskey.’ The expression is made from distilled Axe Man IPA beer that has been turned into a single malt whiskey after 28 months of aging at Foundry Distilling. Foundry utilized multiple 30-gallon American Oak barrels to create this malt whiskey, and the company has plans to produce up to 1,000 cases of the limited edition drink.
‘Axe Man American Malt Whiskey’ boasts flavors of clove, pear, and peppercorn with a warm cinnamon and pie crust finish. The spirit offers scents of vanilla, straw, and banana on the nose.
Interested parties can pre-order the ‘Axe Man American Malt Whiskey’ online at Brewer Distiller Alliance’s website.
Image Credit: Foundry Distilling Co.
Foundry Distilling Co. and Surly Brewing Co. Launch a New Whiskey
1. Collaborative Alcohol Products - This trend of cross-industry collaboration in creating unique alcoholic beverages presents opportunities for innovative flavor combos and limited edition releases.
2. Distilled Beer Malt Whiskeys - Creative use of beer in whiskey production is a growing trend, opening up potential for experimentation and differentiated offerings.
3. Limited Edition Whiskey Production - Limiting production of a whiskey flavor can create demand, drive interest and increase sales.
1. Distilled Spirits - Distillers can explore collaborations with breweries and experiment with beer-based whiskeys for new flavor profiles.
2. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can explore partnering with distillers to develop unique craft beer-based whiskeys as a new product line.
3. Online Retail - Online retailers can tap into the trend of limited edition whiskey production with exclusive releases as a way to attract consumers and increase sales.