This year's CES 2018 has demonstrated that hauling one's luggage around the airport, may be a thing of the past, after the debut of the ForwardX CX-1 suitcase -- an autonomous piece of luggage that can follow its owner anywhere.
Described as the "world's first self-driving carry-on" this smart suitcase can follow individuals from point A to point B. Using a 170-degree wide angle lens and built-in facial recognition, this piece of equipment can trial its owner at a top speed of seven miles per hour. Those worried about suitcase theft, will be pleased to know that the devices come equipped with a connected wristband tracker, which will notify the owner should the suitcase travel out of range.
This unusual and futuristic case is expected to hit the market later this year.
ForwardX CX-1 Suitcase Will Follow You Through the Airport
1. Autonomous Luggage - The ForwardX CX-1 suitcase's autonomous capabilities identify opportunities for further development of luggage with similar features.
2. Facial Recognition Technology - The suitcase's use of facial recognition technology shows potential for its integration in other products and industries beyond the security sector.
3. Connected Luggage - The integration of a tracker wristband and suitcase highlights the potential for further innovation in connected luggage to make travel safer and more convenient for consumers.
1. Travel Industry - The autonomous and connected features of the ForwardX CX-1 suitcase have clear implications for the travel industry in enhancing customer experiences and streamlining travel processes.
2. Retail Industry - The integration of facial recognition technology in luggage presents opportunities for retailers to incorporate the same technology in their own products, such as personalized shopping experiences and targeted marketing campaigns.
3. Security Industry - The suitcase's facial recognition and tracking capabilities have potential applications in the security industry, including surveillance and identification systems.