'Form Us With Love' is an exhibit in Sweden which takes an interesting approach to display modernized hip fashion. The exhibit portrays the meaning of modern-day dandy.
In the From Us With Love exhibit (which was debuted in the Nordiska Museet) includes body parts of mannequins that are individually pieced apart and and attached to blocks. Each part is then dressed up and displaying a fashion item that is part of the showcase.
Implications - This combination between dark humor creates this morbid yet alluring artistry that is entertaining to consumers. The dark nature of this good acts as a strikingly stark contrast to competitor's displays. Businesses can benefit by creating similar products.
'Form Us With Love' Pushes Retail Boundries
1. Dismembered Mannequin Displays - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring non-traditional and provocative methods for displaying products in retail stores.
2. Dark Humor Merchandising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experimenting with a playful and twisted approach to retail merchandising can create unexpected appeal among consumers.
3. Modern Dandy Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing fashion items that appeal to the desires and needs of modern males who seek a dandy and elegant style.
1. Fashion Retail - Retailers are urged to consider more creative and edgy visual merchandising styles to convey fashion concepts in-store.
2. Art and Sculpture - Exhibits like 'Form Us With Love' demonstrate the potential for provocative and unconventional sculptures to engage and intrigue audiences.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Marketers and advertisers can push the boundaries with unconventional and even disturbing campaigns that will grab attention and create buzz among consumers.