Super Bowl Sunday is about to sweep the world by storm and this football fan loyalty infographic gives some details as to which teams are popular in which areas of the United States.
You'd think that most people cheer for the team in the town they live in, however there are several factors outside of someone's current city of residence that effects this choice. For instance, someone might grow up in one part of the country but end up working on the other coast. Although they moved, they still remain loyal to their childhood team.
At first glance, the Dallas Cowboys look to have the most widespread support among NFL fans. Football fan loyalty is fierce and usually lasts a lifetime, so it stands to reason that fans today will be fans a few years from now too.
This Infographic Details Who Roots for Who in the United States
1. Regional Football Fan Loyalty - There is a trend of regional football fan loyalty in the United States, where individuals remain loyal to their childhood teams even after they have moved to different cities.
2. Long-term Football Fan Loyalty - Football fan loyalty usually lasts a lifetime, creating opportunities for long-term engagement strategies and brand loyalty programs.
3. Widespread Support for Dallas Cowboys - The Dallas Cowboys have the most widespread support among NFL fans, indicating a potential market for merchandise, fan experiences, and targeted marketing campaigns.
1. Sports Merchandising - The regional loyalty and long-term fan loyalty trends create opportunities for sports merchandising companies to develop targeted marketing campaigns and expand their reach across different regions in the United States.
2. Sports Fan Engagement - The long-term football fan loyalty trend presents opportunities for businesses to create innovative fan engagement strategies, such as loyalty programs, personalized experiences, and exclusive content, to build strong connections with fans.
3. Regional Sports Marketing - The regional football fan loyalty trend indicates the need for targeted regional sports marketing strategies, where businesses can leverage local football team support to build brand awareness and drive customer acquisition in specific regions.