Food waste continues to be a big issue in many parts of the developed world, so the 'Foodspan' app has been created as a solution that will help combat against it.
The app works by allowing users to stay on top of the meals and ingredients they have available in their fridge, and will automatically send them a notification when they're about to expire. This could effectively save tonnes of food from being wasted, while also saving users time and money as well by never letting them forget about the edible items they already have on hand.
The 'Foodspan' app also enables users to plan and cost their meals to think ahead instead of constantly eating out.
The 'Foodspan' App Reminds Users to Eat Meals Before They Expire
1. Food Waste Reduction - Creating apps that help users reduce food waste by tracking and notifying them about expiring meals and ingredients.
2. Meal Planning - Developing apps that allow users to plan and cost their meals to promote better meal management and reduce food waste.
3. Smart Food Inventory - Innovating apps that enable users to keep track of the food items they have in their fridge to minimize waste and optimize consumption.
1. Foodtech - Food technology companies can develop and provide food waste-reducing apps that improve meal management and promote sustainable consumption.
2. Retail - Retailers could collaborate with app developers to incorporate smart food inventory systems that help customers minimize food waste and optimize their shopping trips.
3. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can leverage meal planning apps to reduce food wastage by encouraging customers to plan their meals and optimize their food consumption.