As a result of time compression, one of the hottest trends in food is the Quick Fix. An example: Campbell's Soup at Hand is one of the company's most successful new product introductions.
Ubercool describes why you might want such a quick fix, noting, "The US$661 billion food industry is racing to meet demand for convenient, healthy and exotic food that can be prepared quickly."
Implications - We live in a world that is extremely time conscious and as such, products that create go-to options are automatically on the cutting-edge in the eyes of consumers. Businesses should all take into account-making products more easily portable, as many people live their lives on the go.
1. Convenience-driven Food - Opportunity for food companies to develop convenient and easy-to-prepare food options to meet the demand for quick fixes.
2. Healthy On-the-go - Opportunity for the food industry to create healthy and portable food options for busy individuals who prioritize nutrition while on the go.
3. Exotic Flavors on Demand - Opportunity for businesses to cater to the market's craving for quick and accessible exotic food options.
1. Food Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity lies in developing innovative packaging solutions that enhance the portability and convenience of food products.
2. Meal Delivery Services - Opportunity for meal delivery companies to provide quick and healthy meal options for time-conscious individuals.
3. Meal Replacement Products - Opportunity for companies to create nutritious meal replacement products that can be consumed on the go, catering to the quick fix trend.