Once, listening to music at work would have been unheard of, but today sites like Focusmusic.fm acknowledge that many workers make practical use of music to hone in and focus on tasks. And, since some genres of music are better suited to productivity than others, Focusmusic.fm finds only the music that helps people get into a flow while doing their work.
The music on Focusmusic.fm is primarily electronic and without vocals, recognizing that lyrics tend to be more distracting when compared to more regular beats. Beyond the music itself, the interface on Focusmusic.fm is specifically geared toward productivity. Its minimalist design only includes a big play button and forward and backward arrows. In fact, it doesn't even allow users to select their song or see song titles.
Focusmusic.fm Uses a Minimalist Interface to Keep Users on Task
1. Productivity Music - Creating task-specific playlists with productivity-enhancing beats and sounds to maximize workflow, focus and concentration.
2. Minimalist Interface - Designing platforms with minimalist interfaces that eliminate distracting features and promote productivity by keeping users focused on the task at hand.
3. Music and Work - Exploring the relationship between music and increased productivity in the workplace, including the design of music-focused productivity tools and apps.
1. Technology - Developing innovative audio streaming and personalized productivity tools using algorithmic approaches that improve focus and productivity.
2. Media and Entertainment - Monetizing music streaming services that provide customized productivity-based playlists, helping users make the most of their working time.
3. Human Resources - Identifying the benefits to employers of using music apps or integrating music into the corporate workspace, in terms of improved creativity, engagement and productivity.