Most children don't enjoy getting their flu shots, but a robot called MEDi could change that completely. Essentially, this is a robot designed to keep kids calm and happy when they come in for their shots. I'm envious of children who have a robot to distract them from the painful prick of a flu shot. That's a luxury that I definitely didn't have growing up.
Studies have been done with MEDi and the results showed that kids felt less pain while getting their needles and remained far more calm with this incredible robot keeping them entertained. The robot has an adorable face that makes it clear that it was designed with children in mind. One can't help but think of WALL-E when they see this glowing robot.
Kids everywhere would look forward to their flu shots knowing that they get to play will a robot at the doctor's office.
MEDi is a Robot That Keeps Kids Calm While Getting Flu Shots
1. Kid-calming Robots - MEDi robot reduces pain and anxiety for children during medical procedures.
2. Enhanced Patient Experience - Using kid-friendly robots improves the overall experience for pediatric patients.
3. Robot-assisted Healthcare - Robots like MEDi have the potential to transform the healthcare industry for children.
1. Healthcare - Integration of kid-calming robots in hospitals and clinics can enhance patient care for children.
2. Robotics - Developing and manufacturing robots specifically designed for pediatric healthcare presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the robotics industry.
3. Pharmaceuticals - Integrating kid-friendly robots in clinics can promote positive associations with medical procedures, increasing demand for flu shots and other medications.