Lessons from nature can result in a plethora of very different forms when adapted by designers. The Flex Coffee Table takes a remarkably modern shape, yet the formal principles at play have been inspired by the gentle swell of landscapes.
Whether it's rolling hills or undulating waves, Zarya Vrabcheva's exquisitely fluid piece of furniture flaunts graceful curves that challenge the conventional flatness and levelness of the couch-accompanying surface. Sculpted of a single plane of CrystalPlant material, each of the four pointed feet seem to stretch, distort and extend into a smooth billowing shell of fluctuating heights and inclines.
The Flex Coffee Table comes to accommodate an array of different objects that can be set down and picked up from different parts of the sloping surface. It does of course feature even areas for the placement of teacups and delicate decorations.
The Flex Coffee Table Mimics Topography for an Elegant Aesthetic
1. Fluid Furnishings - Designers are taking inspiration from nature to create furniture with graceful curves and unconventional shapes.
2. Crystalplant Material - The use of CrystalPlant material allows for the creation of furniture with fluctuating heights and inclines.
3. Versatile Surfaces - Furniture like the Flex Coffee Table are designed to accommodate different objects on its sloping surface.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can explore using fluid shapes and materials like CrystalPlant to create innovative and elegant pieces.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate furniture with versatile surfaces to create unique and functional spaces.
3. Home Decor - Home decor retailers can offer customers furniture options that feature unconventional shapes and designs.