Aymeline Valade takes the path less traveled in 'The Divergent' editorial for Flair Magazine's September 2014 issue.
To be "divergent" is to deviate from the standard; it is to break away from tradition and pursue a different journey. That's exactly what Valade appears to be doing in this editorial, at least from a fashion perspective. Valade dares to be different and refuses to shy away from risk. She rebels against conventional femininity, experimenting with androgynous styles and silhouettes. Fashion editor Sissy Vian styled Valade in pieces that might come across as a little more aggressive, and a little less ladylike, than we're used to.
The editorial, which appears in the twelfth issue of Flair Magazine, was lensed by photographer Ezra Petronio.
Aymeline Valade Stars in Flair Magazine's September Issue
1. Androgynous Fashion - Breaking away from traditional gender norms in fashion styles and silhouettes to cater to a wider audience.
2. Rebelling Against Conventional Femininity - Challenging traditional ideas of femininity by experimenting with less conventional styles and outfits.
3. Risk-taking Fashion - Encouraging consumers to step out of their comfort zone and explore daring fashion choices.
1. Fashion - Providing new fashion styles that deviate from traditional approaches to cater to a wider audience.
2. Photography - Incorporating innovative themes and concepts in fashion photography that break away from traditional norms.
3. Magazine Publishing - Exploring unconventional themes and concepts in magazine editorials that push the boundaries of traditional publishing.