Stride Rite partnered with Dillard's to launch the Fit Zone, revolutionizing the footwear fitting process. The scanner, which is being introduced to 10 Dillard's locations, boasts the ability to measure children's feet in under five seconds and create an accurate 3D model to help determine the most comfortable and appropriate shoe size.
The Fit Zone by Stride Rite has the potential to make the shoe-shopping experience simpler on parents, who frequently find themselves needing to outfit their ever-growing children with new shoes—in fact, the in-store technology notes that kids tend to go up about a half size every two to four months.
Using the Fit Zone is as simple as having kids step on the platform so that 10 data points can be collected rapidly.
Image Credit: Stride Rite
Stride Rite's Fit Zone Quickly Measures Children's Shoe Sizes
1. In-store Scanner Technology - Similar in-store scanner technology could be applied to other clothing items to improve customers' shopping experience.
2. 3D Modeling - 3D modeling could be used to help improve the fitting process for other industries that require precise measurements, such as the medical and sports industries.
3. Automated Fitting - The automation of the fitting process could be applied to other industries, such as eyewear, which require specialized and precise fittings.
1. Retail - The footwear industry is not the only industry that could benefit from in-store scanning technology; other retail industries could improve their customers' shopping experience by implementing similar technology.
2. Medical - Medical professionals could use 3D modeling to create personalized medical devices to better serve their patients.
3. Sports Equipment - 3D modeling could be used to create personalized sports equipment that would better match a player's form and improve performance.