Fishers Island Lemonade was created at the Montauk-based bar, The Pequot Inn.
This local bar happened to be to only establishment on a seven mile island, and the popularity of its house-made boozy lemonade was legendary. Created using natural lemon juices and spiked with a blend of vodka and whiskey, Fischer Island Lemonade was an island staple for 100 years until the family who owned The Penquot Inn decided to sell the refreshingly tart beverage to the masses. Available only in a can, Fishers Island Lemonade is the perfect summer beverage for those looking to stay cool.
As a beverage with some historical weight behind it, its only fitting that the lemonade is packaged in a retro-style can. With a yellow and white stripped background and vintage, stylized font, the effect of the can's design is reminiscent of hot days on the Montauk beach circa the 1920s.
Fishers Island Lemonade's Family Recipe is Over 100 Years Old
1. Canned Cocktails - There is a trend towards canned cocktails as they offer convenience, portability, and unique flavor options.
2. Nostalgic Packaging Design - Many companies are using vintage-inspired packaging designs to stand out on shelves and create a sense of nostalgia for consumers.
3. Craft Beverage Industry - There is a growing trend towards artisanal and small-batch beverage production, with consumers seeking out unique and authentic flavor profiles.
1. Alcohol and Beverage - Opportunities for innovation in the production and packaging of alcoholic beverages, including canned cocktails and artisanal flavor profiles.
2. Consumer Goods - Opportunities for innovative packaging designs that create a sense of nostalgia and stand out on shelves in crowded markets.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Opportunities for businesses to create unique and authentic beverage offerings that tie into local history and culture, like Fishers Island Lemonade.