The Terranaut is a high tech vehicle driven by the motions of a Blood Parrot fish. This is what happens when high tech and little fish combine. As the fish moves around in the bowl, a camera in the tank tracks the movements and guides the direction of the vehicle. The project is the brainchild of artist / inventor Seth Weiner. It marks the first time that fish were able to drive on land. I am thinking of the fish on American Dad right now...
1. Animal-driven Technology - Research and investment in using animals to drive technology presents an opportunity for disrupting current transportation methods especially in places where inaccessible to conventional means of transportation.
2. Animal-human Collaboration Technology - Technology that relies on animal movement like the Terranaut presents an opportunity to create more interactive technologies where humans and animals can work together.
3. Alternative Modes of Transportation Technology - The Terranaut highlights the potentials of alternative modes of transportation, setting a precedent for other innovators to take on similar challenges.
1. Automotive Industry - Researching and investing in alternative modes of transportation like the Terranaut has the potential to disrupt the automotive industry.
2. Research and Development - Further development of animal-human collaboration technologies has the potential to be a significant area of research and development.
3. Pet Industry - Innovation in the animal-driven technology presented by Terranaut could create new sales channels in the pet industry.