Twitterific cakes, hashtag-powered sites and social network stockings. Today we hunt: TWEETONOMICS - Sprint Firsts in the Twittersphere.
With Twitter now a household term, the popular social media site has allowed various businesses, products and jobs relating to their site to flourish. As more users join this online community, more career opportunities will evolve due to the viral success of the Twittersphere.
And now, the Sprint Top 10.
10. This twittering timepiece lets you know if someone is interacting with you on Twitter. If Ashton Kutcher had this clock, he’d never sleep.
9. These Twitter tights will have people following you online and off.
8. Check out this mood map that displays the general emotional state of people in the US based on Twitter posts. Red shows unhappiness and green signifies a bubbly disposition. I wonder if you can see the effects of a 5:00 traffic jam on this map…
7. Daniel Reese’s Obama, Simpsons and Kill Bill sneakers are pretty rad, but his customized Twitter kicks take the cake.
6. Sleepingtime.Org is a great way to freak out your friends. With the click of a button you can discover what times your friends drift off to dreamland based on their tweet patterns.
5. Deleting your profile and contacts takes hours, but the Web 2.0 Suicide machine does it all in 52 minutes. There is no easier way to go cold turkey on social media than this.
4. The Bot Beverages allows users to shape the look of the site by using specific hashtags on Twitter. Social media is now transforming the way businesses look literally and figuratively!
3. This fiber optic tapestry is connected to Twitter feeds as well as the flight schedules of the nine busiest airports from around the globe. It’s the perfect addition to any social media-savvy home.
2. Every step you take and every move you make can now be effortlessly documented via these twittering Rambler shoes. Transporting signals via Bluetooth to your phone, these shoes will fill up other’s Twitter feeds in no time so that they know that you are on the move (whether they want to or not).
1. From fail whale confections to blue bird baking, these Twitter cakes show that people have a sweet tooth for social media networks.
Video of the Day: Sprint
Sprint Firsts in the Twittersphere
1. Twitter-powered Products - The popularity of Twitter has given rise to various products, like twittering timepieces and Twitter tights, that integrate with the social media platform.
2. Social Media Analytics - The use of Twitter data for mood maps and sleep patterns opens up opportunities for businesses to develop analytics tools that track and analyze social media behavior.
3. Consumer-driven Website Design - The integration of Twitter hashtags in website design by Bot Beverages shows the potential for businesses to let consumers shape the look and feel of their online presence.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the demand for Twitter-powered products like tights and shoes that integrate with the social media platform.
2. Data Analytics - Data analytics companies can develop innovative tools to analyze Twitter data and provide insights on people's mood and behavior.
3. Web Design - Web design firms can explore the concept of letting consumers shape the look of websites using social media hashtags, as demonstrated by Bot Beverages.